Family Wealth Consulting
For Individuals, Couples and Families
Many families, couples and individuals do not feel comfortable talking about their financial statues and the emotional challenges they may face. There are conscious and unconscious blockages that get in the way of creating successful planning and successful discussions between family members. These blockages create tension and inhibits parents, children and the following generations opening up healthy and constructive dialogues.
This is why we offer our ‘Family Wealth Consulting and Counseling’ services. Our aim is to facilitate, support and guide clients navigate the non-fiscal side of their family wealth. Most of the time, many of us are aware of the problem but find it difficult to apply a solution – particularly when emotions are involved, or when learning a new set of skills is necessary.
There are many subjects that clients’ share during our work together. However, some of the most common subjects we tend to focus on are:
- Views about money and wealth and how to better understand personal feelings, decision-making and actions surrounding it
- Relationships with money and wealth: what is the it and how does it affect us
- Understanding or redefining family and personal values
- Family mission and the integration of personal goals
- Resolving communication issues between family members
- Learning to create a safe and open environment to express needs and desires
- Learning to include the next generation in family conversations and decisions (age appropriate)
- Create lasting trust, beyond money and wealth
- Understanding the value and purpose of money, wealth or success
- Identifying the meaning of money wealth, success or fame
- How to emotionally prepare the next generation
Many times when clients start talking about these topics, other challenges are brought into the conversation. Being a licensed psychologist Dr. Lami is skillful to provide the help to resolve life’s more ‘typical’ challenges. Some of the issues clients feel they like to resolve are, but not limited:
- Relational difficulties
- Finding meaning and/or purpose
- Dealing with stress or anxiety
- How to raise emotionally healthy, balanced and sensible children
- Feeling stuck, overwhelmed or dissatisfied
- Learning how to successfully manage responsibilities in a demanding world
- Dealing with internal fears and insecurities when outwardly, having to be the opposite
- Feeling lonelier and more isolated while being further up in the hierarchy
There is no “one-size-fits-all” formula for the work we do as every person and situation is unique. Each time Dr. Lami meets with clients, the primary purpose is to explore their challenges and to gain clarity about the issues at hand and their desired goals. Together, she and her clients will explore the underlying concerns, thoughts, feelings and issues to identify what format will best suit their individual needs.
All matters discussed are treated in complete confidence and with the utmost discretion.
Dr. Lami is legally and ethically bound by the British Psychological Society and the US state and federal law, including APA and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and related regulations – to keep all her client’s information and disclosure confidential.
“You cannot solve current problems with current thinking. Current problems are the RESULT of current thinking.” – Albert Einstein